Persian Orange Almond Cake – Gluten-free Recipe Demo – How to Make Persian Orange Almond Cake
Hearty, aromatic, and unique: Persian Orange Almond Cake. Full recipe at http://www.cookingcompaniontv.com/almondcake
Suggest content for my next video: http://www.cookingcompaniontv.com/requests
Subscribe to this channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/cookingcompaniontv
Connect with me!
I’m Jenna Edwards, a homecooking expert and certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. I help people eat more vegetables through my cooking companion videos. My goal is to make you feel more comfortable cooking, so I show you not only how a recipe works and looks, but I give techniques and suggestions for making it easy on beginner cooks.
When you cook more at home, you’re eating healthy and saving money. Cooking at home is a great date idea and a very special way to treat friends and family. As you cook more, it will become easier and quicker. I also show valuable cooking tips for freezing, preserving, and storing food.
Persian Orange Almond Cake
Naturally Gluten-free & Dairy-free
1 1/2 cups (315g) caster sugar
3 cups (300g) almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Mascarpone, to serve
Orange Blossom Syrup:
1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
1/4 cup (60ml) water
1 teaspoon orange blossom water
Preheat oven to 160°C/325F. Grease a round springform pan and line the base with baking paper. (I also greased a ceramic loaf pan with great results)
Place oranges in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes. Drain. Return to pan and cover with fresh cold water. Bring to the boil. Cook for a further 15 minutes. Drain and repeat once more or until very tender. Drain. Coarsely chop and discard any seeds.
Place orange in a food processor; process until smooth. Use an electric mixer to whisk eggs and sugar until thick and pale (about 5 minutes on high). Add orange, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom; gently fold until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan; smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Set aside in pan to cool completely.
While baking, make the syrup.
You can use the recipe below, or reheat leftover syrup from Candied Orange Peels: https://youtu.be/bW2cpkc5Yts
To make syrup, use a zester to remove rind from orange. Juice orange. Place the juice, sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Add orange blossom water and zest. Set aside to cool.
Drizzle the cake with syrup. Cut into wedges and serve with mascarpone.
Feelin Good Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Other videos from the same youtuber (follow him if you like it):
Related Gluten-Free Products For Celiacs:
- Gluten FREE Orange Almond Cake Recipe
- ORANGE CAKE RECIPE – GLUTEN FREE! – Greg's Kitchen
- Gluten – Free Chocolate Cake Recipe – How To Make Spongy Chocolate Cake – Dessert Recipe – Ruchi
- GLUTEN FREE POUND CAKE RECIPE How to Make Cinnamon Swirl Pound Cake Moist and Yummy !
- Gluten Free Almond cake / 4 ingredient Almond cake / Asheescookbook
- Fluffy Almond Pancakes | Gluten-Free & Keto Recipe
- HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE BAKED DOUGHNUTS | SUPER EASY RECIPE!
- GLUTEN FREE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE How To Make The Best Gluten Free Pizza in the History of the World
- GLUTEN FREE BREAD RECIPE for the Oven How To Make Soft Gluten-Free Bread without a bread machine
- Steamed Rice Cake (Gluten Free / Vegan) Recipe | OCHIKERON | Create Eat Happy 🙂
- How to Make PERFECT Gluten-free Flatbread (5-Ingredients)
- Gluten Free Chocolate Orange
- GLUTEN FREE CARROT CAKE | moist + fluffy
- Gluten Free Sprinkles Orange
- How To Make The BEST Gluten-free Bread 🍞✅
Last update 2020-12-16. Price and product availability may change.